Building Profitable Business Relationships Online
Yet, for some reason many otherwise intelligent marketers seem to forget all of the rules for building relationships the minute they log onto a social network. As soon as add them to your friends list they immediately pitch their product or opportunity. Of course, approaching others this way is doomed to failure.
Here are 6 common sense suggestions for building relationship online that have worked well for me.
- Strive to meet people who share similar interests with you, make friends with enough people who look at life like you do and your business will prosper.
- Take the time to learn about your online friends.
- Strive to help not sell.
- Don't presume that everyone you connect with is a prospect for your service or opportunity.
- Make a friend first and if and only if your new friend has a need for what you have to offer ask permission to share what you have.
- Develop a referral relationship, share what you do and learn what your online friends do so that you can help each other achieve your business and personal goals.
I firmly believe that givers gain, both online and offline. Focus on friendship first and the business will follow.
Food for thought – a profitable relationship does not have to involve business. Every friend you make online or offline adds value to your life, that's true profit.
I hope you found this article informative and helpful. Please add your comments and suggestions and share this article with others.