How To Brand Yourself Through Your Follow-up
This article will present three ways that you can use follow-up to stand out and brand yourself as the go-to guy for your prospects and clients.
- Send a follow-up email. If applicable, include a brief outline of what you covered in your meeting and what the next step should be. Attach something of value, such as an article that relates to what was discussed or is pertinent to your prospect or client’s business. A quick look on google can provide some great articles that you can forward to your prospects. I always convert them to pdf files and attach them. This way the client can print it out and take it with them.
- Give them a quick call and say it was nice to meet them or thank them for taking the time to meet with you. You can also use this call to set up your next step or meeting if you haven’t already done so. [What you don’t schedule a follow-up meeting – you should 🙂 ]
- Send a thank you card. Since so very few people do so, sending a thank you card will make you stand heads and shoulders above your competition. Plus because it is so unusual to get a card in the mail, many people keep them for a while, which is a great reminder of how thoughtful you are.
TouchPoint Tip: Get to know your clients and prospects. Send cards on their anniversary, birthday, and other special events. If you want to really stand out send a card with a small gift. I often include a Starbucks card with my thank you cards. Brownies are also nice, especially if you are sending it to a business because they can be shared. I use an online service that lets me send cards and gifts from my computer.
Better yet combine all three:
- Send a follow-up email. I use a service that lets me send a branded email that has my company logo, my picture, and contact information.
- Make a follow-up phone call.
- Send a real card in the mail (with or without a gift). I use a service that lets me send cards and gifts through the mail from my computer.
I hope you found these follow-up tips helpful and put the ideas into use and see the powerful results that you get.
To your continued success.